Sunday, January 23, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 23/342, 2022 - Sunday

There is a lot to be said for not adding too much to your chore list on any given day. I had six things on my list of tasks, and I got them all checked off, and even did a few extra things. Our walk was good this morning, we went exploring the new sections of the subdivision. They have installed curbs in several areas, and I guess that soon there will be more civilization out here. Darn it. We will all just have to make the best of it. After the walk, I needed to change batteries in the smoke detectors. I have six smoke detectors, and one of them would chirp every ninety minutes or so. It was in the front of the house, and I never could narrow it down to which one it was. So, all the batteries have been changed, and I am good for a while. I hope. I have changed batteries in smoke detectors dozens of times, and I cannot understand why some batteries slip right in, and some put up a fight. Two of the six today gave me trouble, but I came out as the victor. I put plants back outside, watered all of them, swept up fallen leaves from inside the house, and did a little more this-and-that. I even rearranged the garage the tiniest bit, but that felt good. I had been ignoring the garage in recent weeks, so a good twenty-minute re-do felt like an accomplishment. And, the piglet just wants to say hello.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment