Sunday, January 16, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 16/349, 2022 - Sunday

The largest snowflakes that ever fell on Earth (that anyone know about, at least), were fifteen inches in diameter. When I let the girls outside this morning, the moon was at such a level, and it was so bright, that for just a minute I thought there had been another street light installed on the Parkway behind the house. Just a few minutes later, when I went to look at it again, it had already set, and there was no evidence of it at all. I am pretty sure that I did not imagine it, though. It was really, REALLY cold this morning when we did our walk, but at least the winds had died down. Once we got started, it was okay, I was dressed in layers. The thermometer said it was 30 degrees, but it felt much colder than that. We did a walk through the new construction areas, where they are putting in roads and sewers and all that infrastructure. It is interesting to try and figure out shat is going where, and it is also kind of sad to see the one tree that was saved here, and one tree that was saved there. I'm glad that I have a couple trees at the Curious House, and now I just have to keep them healthy! After the walk, brunch was about the only other thing I did. I had plans for a couple little chores, but by the time I got home, a nice long nap won out over anything constructive. AND...as slowly as I was going on the Interstate this afternoon, you would think I could have taken a better photo of the wreck in the southbound lanes. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment