Saturday, January 22, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 21/344, 2021 - Friday

Okay, I know I'm a little bit late with this journal entry, but you will get over it. This was one of the best days I have had in the last couple years. I bought tickets to this show abot 500 days ago. FIVE HUNDRED DAYS. When I bought the tickets, I thought the show was scheduled for January, 2021. Then the harsh reality hit me...it was January, 2022. This is 2022, right. But...everything worked out the way it was supposed to, which means some of the invitees could not attend because of...well, you know. But the peeps that shared the night with me were the peeps that were supposed to, and I could not have asked for a better day. It was 24 degrees when we walked this morning, but it quickly warmed up to above freezing before I left for Houston. Eileen picked me up, and we had not played together for over a year, and it was fun driving from Georgetown to Houston. We hooked up with more friends in Houston, and eventually made it to the Toyota Center for the second show of the Elton John farewell tour. He is a little bit older than me, and he is a little bit heavier than me, but he still has it, and it was a great show. If you get a chance, invite a bunch of your friends, and go see it. You could do worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment