Thursday, January 20, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 20/345, 2022 - Thursday

So...I got up this morning and the nuclear powered weather station, situated outside the back door, showed it to be 31 degrees outside, accompanied by tornadic winds. By the time I left for our walk this morning (yes, we walked), it was 30 degrees. Currently, the thermometer is reading 33 degrees, and I expect the temperatures to drop steadily over night. AND...we are going to walk in the morning. It is expected to be colder, but the winds are expected to have diminished. We shall see... The forecast I just saw says we will have freezing temperatures on Friday and Saturday mornings, and then we will heat up a little bit. The housekeeper made a visit this morning, and the house is all clean and dust free. Lovely. I took off about 1 o'clock to visit a vacant property to drip the pipes, and then I went to the office for a few minutes, and then I went to another property to remove lock boxes. I got home and went down for a nap, and then...wait for it...I made one of my all-time favorite dinners, a dinner that I doubt I have enjoyed in more than 35 years. Directions: Put chicken pot pie in the toaster oven. Ten minutes before the timer goes off, heat two cups of water, in a medium sauce pan, and bring to a rolling boil. Remove water from heat, empty one package of instant mashed potatoes into the sauce pan, stir. Remove pot pie from toaster oven, plop the chicken pot pie INTO the pan of mashed potatoes. Mix all contents with a fork. Take sauce pan to nearest La-Z-Boy chair. Turn on the television. Hold sauce pan in one hand, hold fork in other hand. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment