Thursday, March 2, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 61/304, 2023 - Thursday

The second official day of our President's Circle Conference in Cancun, and it was a really good day. We had several great sessions, including three or four outside guests discussing a balanced set of topics, nothing partisan one way or the other. Of all the presentations today, the one that struck a chord with me was with William Kyle Carpenter. This man is about 33 years old right now, and is a medically retired US Marine who received the Medal of Honor for his actions in Afghanistan in 2010. He is the youngest living Medal of Honor recipient. I was honored to have been invited to meet him after his presentation, and to have a few photos taken with him. If you don't know about this man, I urge you to find out about him, and maybe even download his book. I will listen to the audio version, and he is the reader of it. Having met him , I think, will make his words more interesting. So...just do it. After the morning meetings, we had the afternoon to ourselves, which meant I was heading back to the adult pool and the cabana that I was lucky enough to be offered. I did not get a nap today, but I had a great time with friends and colleagues. Then it was back to the room, and then to dinner with Carrie, Margaret and Clayton. It is REALLY breezy here this evening, and I think we are having a hell of a storm in central Texas. Tornado warnings, heavy rain, the whole nine yards. A high probability of more tree damage, and we just get tree damage from a few weeks ago cleaned up and now we may need to start all over again. It just goes to show, you never know, from one minute to the next, what is going to happen. Photo Credit: National Association of REALTORS®.

No comments:

Post a Comment