Sunday, March 26, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 85/280, 2023 - Sunday

Okay, another great day in central Texas. As usual, we had a really nice walk this morning, although it was really more chilly (chillier) than I would like, and it is supposed to be less warm than I would like until Friday morning. I expect I will survive it all, and I will try to remember the crisp mornings later this year when it is 100 degrees at 6 o'clock in the morning. So, after the walk, I was not in any rush to do anything, since we did not do brunch today, for the first time in a long while. Candy was traveling, Alisha was working, Terry was waiting on a refrigerator delivery, and I was cleaning the front patio and the back deck. The oaks are shedding, so what I did this morning on the front patio is no longer apparent. I did go over to visit with Paulina, Val and Oliver late this morning, and that was really nice. Paulina made a cake that had no flour in it, I think almonds are substituted for flour, but, not being a cook, I have no idea how that kind of thing works. But, the cake was delicious, and that is what matters. When I left, I did go looking around at all the development going on around here; I went down 2243 to Parkside Parkway, which is supposed to extend into Water Oak. Once that does, there will be a couple more ways to get from the Curious House to here and there. I sat out on the front patio a bit this afternoon, and the girls enjoy it, even if they do feel obligated to bark at their own shadows. I really need to work on that with them. The orchid Pam gave me several months ago is blooming again, and there are several buds still to open. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment