Friday, March 24, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 83/282, 2023 - Friday

Well, the sprinklers have been turned on since there was no rain overnight or during the day. It seems we just cannot get rain here at the Curious House, but if I turn on the sprinklers or go get the car washed, the rains will come. The walk this morning was good, warm and windy. Right now, it is 86 degrees, and it is supposed to cool off overnight tonight. It was kind of a calm day in the office, although there were some ups and downs, mostly ups. I went by the Mexican Embassy (Consulate?) this afternoon, I wanted to get some clarification about residency. You can only make appointments for that on Wednesdays for appointments on Wednesday. There is a website, and I have already been to a couple websites, so I will keep trying to figure this process out. I expect it will all come together. I have about 25 more minutes to go to finish my book, Horse by Geraldine Brooks. It took me a while to get in rhythm of the rhythm of the book, but once I figured that part out, it was easier to comprehend. Book club is next Wednesday, so I am finishing in plenty of time. I have already decided on my next book, Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict. A friend of mine on Facebook noted she was reading it, and it sounds pretty interesting. As it turns out, there is a lovely stand of Bluebonnets right at the entrance to the subdivision, so I stopped and took a photo for this journal entry. I wish you could see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment