Saturday, March 25, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 84/281, 2023 - Saturday

It was a chilly start to the day, and it took me a while to decide on which jacket to wear. I decided on one and took off. It was a good walk, my hands tend to get cold, but I made it just fine. I don't really remember if we met any dogs along the way or not, but I always carry the dog treats. That was a habit Jay started, and when he and Deb moved, I took over the task. It is much easier than hanging a pork chop around your neck to get the dogs to take a liking to you. They generally recognize us, and I think even a few dog walkers try to avoid us. After the walk, I thought about a quick nap, and I really don't even remember if I was successful in that, but pretty soon it was time to hit the estate sales, and Marge and Pam and I hit two sales. Everybody bought something, which is the sign of a successful Saturday morning, and it seems I was the over-achiever of the day, I spent about $55 on several items I could not seem to be able to live without. I especially liked a painting I bought for $20 that I found very interesting, I may take a photo of it and post it tomorrow. After the estate sales, I did nothing of any real importance, and at noon I started getting ready for my 1 o'clock date with Richard to do a bike ride. We are preparing (haha) for a 28 mile ride in about a month, so we have been doing 12 and 13 mile rides. I think we will make it just fine, since there are at least two stops on the 28 mile ride. After the ride, Richard and I drove out to the farm, since I had not been there for at least a year, maybe less. It was a nice drive, and the surrounding areas have not changed a lot, if any at all, so that was interesting. The buyers of the house have painted to rusty iron fence and the gates RED, which is not really appropriate at all, but it is not my house anymore, so they can do whatever they please. I had nothing else on my schedule after that, so I can home and DID take about a 20 minute nap before fixing the girls and myself some dinner. A very nice day, it made it up to about 85 degrees today, more of the same for tomorrow, and then maybe a little bit cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment