Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 81/284, 2023 - Wednesday

Today was another pretty busy day, I was up earlier than yesterday, I left earlier than yesterday, I was stuck in traffic longer than yesterday, and I saw more people today than I did yesterday. I did not walk this morning but I will get back to walking tomorrow. It has warmed up, and there was no rain today, but the sub-tropical humidity took over, and we already can remember what it is like in Texas during the summer. There were wrecks today going and coming, and there was even a traffic jam trying to get into the parking garage. After I parked, I had to go back to my car for something, and the garage parking ticket machine had run out of little parking tickets, and chaos was the result of that. There were a lot of people with short tempers. There were about 3,500 (that's the official estimate) of our REALTOR® colleagues at the Texas Capitol, advocating for a variety of issues that protect private property owners. It's what we do, it's who we R. After everything was over at the Capitol, Nancy and Melinda came over to the house, and we went out for a nice quiet dinner, and a slumber party. They're sporting their PJs, I'm in boxers and a t-shirt. My play clothes, not my school clothes. It will be another two years before we are back in full force at the Texas Capitol, but our volunteer work keeps going, and going, and going...

No comments:

Post a Comment