Sunday, May 28, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 148/217, 2023 - Sunday

Okay, today was kind of a busy day...I got all my chores done this morning, and headed off to the airport. I got there about 9:30, and the flight was delayed thirty minutes. I guess it is important that airplanes have pilots before they take off. I got to Cancun about 2:30, and Mike, my bestie from Florida, arrived about an hour before I did. We rendezvoused at baggage claim, then through immigration. I made one big mistake...my suit case was so full, I joked with the immigration peeps that my bag would explode if they opened it. KIDDING. Nothing terrible happened, I was not carted off to jail or anything, but it was one of those times (I have many of those) that, as I could see the words coming out of my mouth, I was wishing I could suck them back it. It was all good. We got on the transport that I had reserved, and got to the condo, unpacked and then went to the grocery. Grocery shopping in Playa was really fun, mainly because we have no idea what anything is. I recognized the bananas and the wine, but everything else was foreign. Get it? We brought the groceries back to the condo and then we headed off to dinner. Alisha and Reuben and I ate at this place when we were here a couple months ago, and this time I ordered the small pizza. I have eaten one slice so far, and I expect I will be eating this pizza for lunch while we are here. Mike brought his home too, but he ate two slices of his. On the way back to the condo, we stopped for a few minutes at the beach, and now we are just chilling out. Literally. I am getting pretty good at converting dollars to pesos, fahrenheit to centigrade, square meters to square feet, kilometers to miles. No problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment