Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Volume 15 - Day(s) 150 and 151/215 and 214, 2023 - Tuesday and Wednesday

Are y'all confused yet? Stay tuned. I had the first line of last night's journal entry all figured out. It was going to be All I need to do now is break my f*cking hip, but then the power went out, and I did not post anything. I fully expected the power to come back on overnight, but it didn't. It went off last night about 7:30, and came back on about 6 o'clock this afternoon. For ten minutes. Mike and I met my friend Steve and his girlfriend Silvia for dinner, and there was power there when we arrived. So far, so good. After we finished dinner, we were just sitting there talking, and the power went off at the restaurant. It was only off for three or four minutes, but I felt that was a good sign...that power was back on all across the city. Not sure about that, but when we got back to the condo, the power was back on, and so far, all is good. Yesterday, there was a miniature hurricane in Playa del Carmen, not my words, words of locals here. Lots of the sidewalks are stamped concrete, with a 'painted' finish on it, which is very slippery. No one seems to care about rain or thunder or lightning here, so we were out walking to meet friends, and I (several times) almost slipped and fell on the wet sidewalks. I didn't, but there were a couple close calls. This afternoon, there was another HEAVY rainstorm, lots of thunder and lots of lightning, and let me tell you, the thunder here is REALLY impressive. I like it. Loud and prolonged! But anyway, all is good now, the power is on, the air conditioning is working, and I am a happy man. Don't forget, I am the luckiest man in the world! This photo was after the heaviest part of the storm last night...the sky was VERY interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment