Monday, September 2, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 246/120, 2024 - Monday - Labor Day

Well, I think it is fitting (Since today is Labor Day) that I might have found a solution to the flag getting caught on the gutters all the time. Basically, all I did was to lower the flag pole holder by about four inches. I did that yesterday afternoon, and so far, there has not been a repeat of the flag getting caught on the gutters. It was raining this morning, so there was no walk. Honestly, it only rained a little but, but I am not fond of walking in the rain. I have been caught in good rains when I thought it would be just a little bit of rain. It has sprinkled off and on throughout the day, and in the last 24 hours, my gauge has registered less than a tenth of an inch. We have had a couple good showers this evening, and we may get a little more rain over night. Fingers crossed. I did laundry today, changed bed linens, all that stuff. I also went in to Austin and donated some platelets, and then went by the office. Jimmie and Linda invited me down, and we watched Only Murders in the Building, and after that we played a game (not really a board game), but a game I had never heard of, but it was fun. We played one round, and I was back home by about 8:30. Let's discuss the Tale of Two What-A-Burgers. As I noted yesterday in this journal, I stopped at What-A-Burger in Cedar Park (maybe Leander) yesterday. I ordered two Just-A-Burgers with ketchup and cheese added, and a medium order of fries. The total was close to $10.50 ( don't remember the exact amount, but I got four dollars and some change back from $15. Today, in Austin, I ordered exactly the same thing, and it was under $10. It just seems like that exact order should be the same cost wherever I am in central Texas. No telling...

No comments:

Post a Comment