Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 255/111, 2024 - Wednesay

Honestly, this was a zip-a-dee-doo-dah kind of day. Well, the morning anyway. Paul and I had a nice walk, and it is warming up outside. High 90s for the next several days, forecast to be 99 on Saturday. I feel bad for the people in the path of the zHurricane Francine, but we were hoping to get some rain out of it. I got a couple things done that we have spent WEEKS (maybe months) working on in the office, so that was a feeling of accomplishment. I had one in-person meeting this morning, and a zoom meeting in the afternoon. Here is where things went south. I got a check in the mail a couple weeks ago, and I took it to the bank to cash it. I did not pay any attention to the date, and neither did the bank. I went to cash another check today on that particular account, and the cashier said that account had a debit balance. I was not a happy camper. I told them to send the check back, and I would go inside and get this straightened out. Well, it seems that I was supposed to have received this check in July of 2022, and I never got it. I have no idea where the check has been, but it was just delivered. By this time, that company was sold to another company, and I have spent a lot of time today trying to figure out who should be re-issuing the check. It kind of made the zip leave my doo-dah, but I am pretty sure it will all work out in the end. So far I have talked with one nice man with one company and on mean woman from the company that was sold. Tomorrow, I will start working on yet a third company, and see where I get. If you're lucky, you may get a blue bird on your shoulder!

No comments:

Post a Comment