Friday, September 6, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 250/116, 2024 - Friday

Thank GOODNESS it's Friday. Humming bird sightings have been on the decline for the last week or ten days, but I cleaned and refilled the feeders yesterday. I am pretty sure they are close to making their migration south really soon, but I did it anyway. I did see two or three hummers in the back this evening, and I did see one take advantage of the feeders. Fingers crossed. I need to retract my statement about rain chances I noted yesterday. Shortly after I finished the entry, I started raining and we got almost a quarter-inch of rain. Perfect. Another day of not having to water. There is a system in the Gulf right now, which has a pretty good chance of bringing us some rain next week, and I will keep an eye on that. It was kind of a hectic day in the office today, but regardless, I left and headed home about 1:30. A months worth of dog food was delivered late this morning, and I wanted to get home and get it in the freezer before it got defrosted. It's packed with dry ice, so it should last, but I just want to be careful. The picture with this entry is what 28 days worth of food for two dogs looks like in the garage freezer. There are five estate sales tomorrow, and I think I will be going solo. All the regulars have other plans, but I don't, so it's estate sale Saturday. I have a couple other errands to get taken care of, and I also was to go see Beetlejuice Beetlejuice either tomorrow or Sunday. The reviews in the paper today were not kind, but that doesn't matter to me, I will go see it and form my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment