Monday, September 30, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 274/92, 2024 - Monday

98 degrees is not 100 degrees. Yes, that is true, and it has to be true, since one of our local weather peeps just relayed that fact on the 6 o'clock news. Apparently, broadcast news is even more reliable than Facebook, so I will take his word for it. In my opinion, 98 degrees, the forecast for October 1st in central Texas, is just too damn hot. Whatever. It was a lovely cool morning here when Paul and I were taking our morning walk. I then took my time getting ready to head in to the office, and the last day of the month was not too rigorous, for which we are always grateful. I left the office at about 1:30 (I think), and I had no errands to run on the way home, and it was an uneventful ride. There were some traffic delays this morning, and it was one of my longer commutes in to the city in a long time. I don't have anything of any significance on my list to get accomplished this evening, so soon after I publish this journal entry, I will go check today's mail, and then head for the big chair. I am looking forward to the ROMEOs breakfast in the morning, and that is always fun. These morning glories are volunteers, and I put these little plastic pickets around them to keep the yard man from destroying them. I may be sorry I am nurturing these, but I also expect I have made worse decisions in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment