Friday, September 20, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 264/102, 2024 - Friday

I got into a bit of an argument this morning while Paul and I were walking. There was a Georgetown truck in the sidewalk at the bottom of the hill, and another Georgetown truck parked in the grass between the Parkway and one of the streets down there. Nothing going on, so I knocked on the window of the first truck, asked him what they were doing. His truck had a flat, and the other guy (parked on the grass) had a compressor and put air in the tire. They were waiting on a third Georgetown truck to come out and change the tire. SO...move off the sidewalk and don't park on the grass. Do you drive across the grass of your front yard, no? Well then don't park on the grass of the subdivision. They said they have an easement, and if they needed to dig something up, they did not have to ask permission. Wait, so now your going to dig up the grass? No, it's just we have an easement. Go park in the parking lot. Whatever. It was just not a logical happening, and I felt driven to bring it to their attention. The rest of the walk was uneventful. It was a quick day in the office, and I had one chore to get done before I went and donated platelets. I always feel happy when I donate platelets. I like all the folks there, and enjoy visiting with them while I have a needle stuck in my arm. Plus, I reached another goal today, and got tickets to Alamo Draft House and a card for food while I'm there. When I started donating blood and platelets, I just did it because I wanted to, and that is still why I do it, but an occasional gimme is fun too. I had another great surprise this evening while I was watching the news...my friend Deb (of Deb and Jay) called and we talked and gossiped for 45 minutes. Deb and Jay moved to Vancouver, Washington, and we all miss them, and it was great to talk with her. Oh yeah, Dick and Marge and I booked our cruise tickets today, we are cruising on February 9th out of Galveston. I've done that same cruise at least twice before, but it is just fun to do it. Especially after I find the self serve soft ice cream machine! Come and go with us! Mike is going with me, and it will be a lot of fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment