Friday, September 13, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 257/109, 2024 - Friday

It seems to be the cost of everyday things that surprises me most. I know I have mentioned this before, but I ordered a pizza and some cheese bread this afternoon, and I did tip the guy, and it was $40. Granted that is going to be a minimum of three meals and a snack or two, and you can't really go anywhere these days and have a meal for $13.50 or so, so I guess I just need to shut up. Maybe I will, but it is still kind of a surprise. If you ask the girls, they will tell you it was a totally outrageous expense, but that is only because I did not offer them any of it. I continue to explain to them that, they never offer to share their food with me, so... I had a leisurely morning after my walk with Paul, and I got in to the office about 10 o'clock. It was the end of a not-so-bad week, and that was nice. Carrie and I went on a tour of three or four of her properties, and we even checked out a couple of mine. Mission accomplished. I threatened to stop for fast food on the way home, but I opted for slow food and I timed the delivery so I would be eating about the same time as the girls. I am pretty well done for the day, looking forward to estate sales tomorrow, and doing a few chores around the Curious House. I really need to vacuum, but I don't want to get too crazy. That notion will likely pass before too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment