Sunday, September 29, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 273/93, 2024 - Sunday

I would say that I got about 70% of the chores on my weekend list done. Some items are 50% completed, some aren't going to be completed. But it is okay. Paul and I had a good walk this morning, and then I took off for brunch with Paulina and Oliver. Val had been called in to work, so he didn't join us. We went to the Original Pancake Man, which I only discovered about a month ago, but it is now one of my favorites. After that, we went to Dick's Sporting Goods in the Domain for Oliver to buy a pair of shoes, but he couldn't decide which shoes he wanted. After dropping them off at home, I went to Home Depot. I needed a new hose for the front yard, and while trying to get that hose off the hose roller thing, I broke it and had to buy a new one. Ugh. But it is all better now. When I got home, I went down for a serious nap, and the girls are happy to accommodate me in that endeavor, so we all had long naps. I did not do any more vacuuming, but that can wait. I did get a few non-consequential things done, so the day was not a total loss. Nothing I did today required a ladder or a hammer, and that is always a win. While I was at Home Depot, I saw this couple...I passed them once and snickered at them, and then I was in line behind them. I struck up a conversation, and asked the man what aisle he found the lady on, and if they were on special. We laughed and kidded for a while, and it was fun, even though, most of the people in line with us were not amused, and now I wish I had followed then to see how she got out of the cart. OH, update on my laundry task yesterday. It seems I can neither confirm nor deny that I actually put laundry detergent in the washer. I definitely put the Downy Crisp Rain and Blue Eucalyptus in, along with the Multipurpose oxi-based cleaner in, but I am 82% certain that I forgot to put in the actual laundry detergent. All the clothes smell good, so that is a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment