Friday, September 27, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 271/95, 2024 - Friday

Before you know it, it will be October. It was cool again this morning, and it is expected to last until (maybe) Wednesday of next week. Then, it will be back to hot, for those of us who don't consider the mid-90s at the end of September to be hot. We consider that tolerable. The walk this morning was excellent, and I, once again, took my time getting ready to go in to the office. I had one errand to run on the way in, and that was to stop at UPS to send Margie and Dick their mail. That may be the last package of mail, they will be back in Georgetown on the 24th of October. I got in to the office, and did what needed to be done, and then we went downtown to the annual Sine Die Smokers BBQ. I also brought some BBQ home with me, but I haven't eaten any of it yet. The photo accompanying this journal entry is me and Mace, the man that started his No Hunger charity many years ago, I want to say when he was 7 or 8. I think he is 17 now, and a Junior at Westlake High School. I wore my Westlake t-shirt for the occasion. I am pretty sure the BBQ was a big success, as I am also sure it gets better and better every year. We got back to the office, I did a little bit more, and headed home. I had two stops planned on the way home that would have entailed spending money. The first one was to Upper Crust Bakery where I intended to buy a couple muffins for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. They were about sold out of everything, so I bought nothing. I will not mention the second planned stop, but on the way I had a phone call about property management, and I missed the planned stop, so I decided it was fate that I should not make that purchase today. Maybe one day next week. Tonight was book club, and it did not take us long to discuss the book, The Wager, and we are set for October, reading The Shining, in honor of Halloween. Then we decided we needed to read something lighter, so November will be a rom com. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment