Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 248/118, 2024 - Wednesday

It was not raining this morning when Paul and I started out, but it started when we were about a third of the way finished. We decided we did not really want to trust the weather, so we cut our walk short. That was good for me because I needed to be in the office a little earlier than usual. I spritzed rain off an on during the drive, but nothing major. Since my journal entry yesterday, the gauge in the back yard registered 0.98". Good job. The rain chances are tapering off, and the heat factor is going down as well. I have no fantasy that summer is over, we are just experiencing what I call 'fake fall.' It happens every year. The sun has come out in the last hour or so, which is kind of typical for this year. I was hungry all afternoon, and I wanted to stop on the way home for some fast food. But I didn't. I decided I would order a pizza at 4 o'clock. But I didn't. I have a bag of salad in the refrigerator, with some boiled eggs, so I had a salad for dinner. I will top it off with ice cream and lemon cookies (thank you Mikey), which will negate the whole salad thing. In addition to the Prevagen I try to remember to take every morning, I do a cross word puzzle when I can find one, and I do these word search things. I finally finished one of the word search books...it took me 278 days to finish 104 puzzles, averaging 2.68 days per puzzle. I'm not sure if that calculation is correct or not, but at least I finished the book. I have several more books laying in wait, so I may go off the deep end before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment