Thursday, October 27, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred; Thursday...

Really? It is the 300th day of the year already? Where did yesterday go?

Today was a pretty darned good day, full of small accomplishments, BUT I am really looking forward to tomorrow. Tomorrow will basically be a day of working in the office and continuing to clear my e-mail in-box. Playing catch-up is getting more and more difficult the older and older I get.

We had a good and productive Property Management Meeting this morning, then I was off to the Women's Council of REALTORS Austin Chapter meeting. Then off to the Board for a good and productive meeting.

The cold front has come through, but there is (probably) a very low chance of precipitation. The sage is supposed to be a pretty good indicator of rain. If the sage is blooming, it is supposed to mean that we will get rain soon. BUT, the sage is doing its' thing, but the rain has not happened yet. We are very disappointed. BUT, we will settle for cooler temperatures, supposed to go down into the 40's tonight.

I actually made it home just after 5 o'clock, and fell asleep in my big blue chair watching the local news. I stopped at Papa John's Pizza on the way home, and that was a yummy good dinner (and at least a couple more before it is all over). We had a stuffed chicken and artichoke pizza, yummy good!

Well, this is something that will get your attention. Jody reminded me that I needed to go put the chickens to bed. I ALWAYS go out there with a flash light, and particularly since the time that Joe Mac and I went out there and there was a snake in the chickens pen area. Tonight, there was a SKUNK in the caged area, and I do not understand how a mammal cannot figure out how to GET OUT of a small enclosed area. Well, to say the least, that SCREAMING SOUND you heard was either me or the skunk, and if you have never seen a skunks butt-hole up close, I can guarantee you it is not really something you want to see. I never did see the skunk actually exit the enclosure, but I am sure it is not in the enclosure and it is not in the chicken coop. It will take both the skunk and me a few days (at least) to forget that experience.

Tomorrow will be a lovely day, with the hope that I will be getting my new iPhone fixed by the geniuses at the Apple Genius Bar. We shall see...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SKUNKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment