Thursday, October 6, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Seventy Nine; Thursday...

It is ALMOST Friday, close, but not quite. I did not have a chance to do any of my journal entry before getting home from another late night of instruction, but that is okay, I can adapt.

Before I left for the office this morning, I took two fresh buckets of molasses out to the cattle. Jody had taken the truck into Taylor on Tuesday and picked them up for me, and I took the truck out to the pastures this morning and deposited them for the cattle. They really like the molasses, and it is good for them. It got quite a bit of attention from the cattle, wondering what I was doing out there so early. BUT, they were happy to have the fresh buckets.

It was grey and really kind of overcast for much of the morning, and that was okay with me. I do not know what the temperatures rose to during the day, but right now it in the high 70's and the humidity has really risen. The winds are pretty strong and from the south as well, and the brass fittings on the rope at the flagpole are clanging up against the pols, and it is pretty darned aggravating. We could close the windows and turn on the air conditioner, but that would be an aggravation of a different source. With the winds as brisk as they are, we might even have a net zero day of electrical usage. Fingers crossed.

My friend Roy stopped in the office today to say hello, and it was really great to see him. I am not really sure if I have seen him this entire year or not, and this year is almost over. We had a nice visit, and talked a lot about this and that. He asked if I wanted to go and have some lunch, but I had already made another lunch commitment, so maybe next time.

I remembered to avoid the downtown area for most of the day, but on my way to the Board of REALTORS, I forgot and drove right past City Hall, where the very polite (seemingly) protesters were demonstrating against the Wall Street folks. I have to admit, I have been too busy to really keep up with this particular segment of dissatisfaction, but I get the feeling from the lack of civil defiance that it is not that popular of a movement here in Austin. Another day, another cause.

Tired. Sleepy, all the usual stuff. BUT, I get to leave even later tomorrow morning. I am once again going straight to the Board, and I do not even need to be there until 10 o'clock.

Can you say 'snoozy-doo'?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SNOOZY-DOO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment