Saturday, October 29, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Two; Saturday...

Every time I think I am going to go and do something simple with the truck, it turns out to be something completely different. Last time I had an issue, I ended up needing new battery cables and a new battery, PLUS some other service. Not inexpensive. Today, I wanted to take the truck in to have the dealer look at an issue that I did not think had been corrected previously, and get my State Inspection. Well, it seems the problem I had corrected was a result of dry rot in my tires, so before I could get the inspection, I needed a new set of tires. And the dealer did not have a set of tires, so I had to go (eventually) to three OTHER places to get the tires and the inspection. It was a bit of a challenge.

Needless to say, I was not really accomplishing my goal of doing as little as possible today, but progress was made. When I finally got tires and the inspection, I headed to the feed store to get feed for the cattle. While I was there, I called Jody to see if he wanted any bar-b-cue (I think I spell that several different ways, depending on the entry), so I stopped at The Taylor Cafe (around the corner from the feed store) and got some sausage and pork ribs. YUMMY. This is a photo of the interior of The Taylor Cafe, it has been there a while, and NOTHING has changed. Especially (most of) the personnel (including the hair styles) since (I would estimate) the mid-60's. I think that is also a record for the most uses of parentheses in a single sentence. Maybe...

Once I got home, I sat down and actually did a little bit of office work, and then Jody and I headed off to Georgetown, where we both had a nice hot fudge sundae.

Tomorrow will be a day of feeding cattle, doing a little bit more of nothing, and then we are going to the Schwertner Community Center to celebrate Pauline's 80th birthday. She is a feisty gal, and we especially appreciate that we are on her cookie and cheese-braid delivery route. Happy Birthday Pauline!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEW TIRES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment