Saturday, October 15, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Eighty Eight; Saturday...

Not a bad day, even considering that I went into Austin to teach a class. But, other than that, I accomplished as little as possible.

I made it to the Board at about 8:30, only to discover that the security guard had 'forgotten' his keys at home. The exterior doors open automatically, but I am not sure how you can be a 'security' person if you cannot access the property. ANYWAY, we worked around this, and I held the class in a small conference room, and everything worked out just wonderfully.

I got home and Jody and I headed straight back to Georgetown for spoilers at the DQ. Since it is October, they are promoting the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, and Jody says that is the best combinations of all the flavors. After DQ, we headed to HEB so I could get six bags of sugar so Jody will not run out while I am out of town next week. It is not Jody that goes through all the sugar, it is the bees. We go through a four-pound bag of sugar every day (sometimes more, today it was eight pounds), so we gotta keep the bees happy! Hopefully it will rain once or twice next year, and the bees will be weaned off the sugar syrup. Fingers crossed.

After I took a nap, we watched some local and national news, and then I headed out to the chicken coop. We got five eggs today, which means 1 egg from each of the mature girls, which is good. Our production has never come to a halt, we always get at least one egg, even in the hottest weather. BUT, since it is cooling off some (it was only in the mid-90's today) the girls are producing more. Tomorrow will be a cleaning the chicken coop day, and that will make everyone a happier camper. It has been a while since I took a good photo of the girls, so this one is pretty interesting. The main focus of this photo is 'Broody One Feather', and the name is a long story, but you are welcome to ask if you are really interested. She loves to talk, and she will share the whole story with you.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment