Friday, October 14, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Eighty Seven; Friday...

Another passing of a Friday, with no big whoops. There was potential for whoops, but the whoops were drowned out by the challenges of cell phone hell. I got to the AT&T store at 6:30 this morning, what I considered to be quite a reasonable and civilized hour. I was the fourth person in line, and I thought that was extra fabulous. By 8 o'clock when they let us in the doors, there were probably about 30 people in line, nothing like what it could have been.

Everything went swell until I left the store and made my first call. I called Jody and told him I now had a phone that would actually transmit my voice to another telecommunications receiver, and I asked him to call me back to make sure the phone would ring correctly. He said he would be happy to, but it would be a minute. Twenty minutes passed, and I realized he had not called back. I reached for my phone, and it would not do anything, it was dead, and I was not going to turn around. I had appointments, and I am not going to go into the gory details, but it was after 1 o'clock when I got a phone that worked...

Then, I tried to sync the phone with my computer, and that would not work. Long story short, I had to call an IT guy to go through all the error messages (many of which it seems are not uncommon) and finally got my phone MOSTLY synced up, but it will be a work in progress for at least a week or two. There is at least one feature on the phone (SIRI) that I really like, and I have even been able to make it work. Not bad for an old geezer!

Teaching a short class at the Board of REALTORS tomorrow, and then resting. Packing and leaving for Dallas for a week, and resting more.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHALLENGES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment