Wednesday, October 12, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Eighty Five; Wednesday...

Test time. When is the last time I talked about what a lucky man I am? I hope it was yesterday, or recently anyway. Because I am (honestly) the luckiest person in the world. Jody will argue sometimes that HE is the luckiest person, but it is really me. I am the luckiest person in the world. The reason is (well, one of the MANY reasons, anyway), no matter how often you might think you hear me complain about being over scheduled, I actually do make time to stop and appreciate the beauty that is all around me.

This afternoon, on the way home, I could have taken hundreds of photos of the clouds. If you have followed this journal for a while, you know I think clouds are one of the most overlooked (and taken for granted) pieces of beauty that we do not have to pay an admission to see. Lovely. How many pounds (or tons, or elephants) do you think the clouds weigh. What is the water content (in gallons) of a cloud? There is no hard and fast rule to the best of my knowledge, but I like to think of elephants in terms of clouds. A good cloud ought to weigh at least as much as one or two average sized elephants. AND the sky was FULL of them this afternoon.

...and then...AND THEN I got home and Jody asked me if I had paid attention to the rain lillies that were blooming next to the driveway. I did not notice them when I was coming in (because I WAS paying attention to six young chicks HAULING ASS to get away from my car). BUT, after dinner, I went out and took a few photos to share with you. Another example of just some of the beauty that I (we) am (are) surrounded by on a daily basis. Next time you see something purty, stop for a second and appreciate it.

You are welcome.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PURTY ALL AROUND, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment