Sunday, October 9, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Eighty Two; Sunday...

I accomplished most of everything I wanted to accomplish today, which was pretty much nothing at all. We did get some rain overnight, and into the late morning hours, so that was excellent. We got about an inch-and-three-quarters, so that is like a miracle. We now are only about 20 inches short on our annual rainfall. We were led to believe that it would rain more tonight and tomorrow, but no such luck. This is an actual photo of MUD on my boots. I did not even wear my good boots out to the pastures this morning, wore my old boots so I would not need to worry about the mud and water.

I moved the cattle to the other pasture this morning, took a look in both the tanks. There was a little bit of water in each one of them, including the new tank the Jody (not that Jody, the other Jody) built for us earlier in the summer. So, hopefully before the end of the year, we will get some more rain, and we will be able to see if the tanks are gonna hold water. I expect they will.

One very nice thing this morning was, I did not have to make any decisions about what I would give water to, and what I would deprive of water, thereby saying, 'Well, I guess it is time for you to die. Nice try, but your time is up.' No watering needed today, tomorrow and hopefully most of the week. High temperatures are expected to be in the high 80's, but I do not trust that to be accurate either.

Compared to this week, the coming week should be rather calm and quiet. Teaching a class next Saturday, and then on Sunday Carrie and I will be heading to Dallas for a week.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment