Monday, March 8, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 67/298, 2021 - Monday

OMG! I received my first delivery of HelloFresh last Tuesday...a week ago tomorrow. I have cooked four of the five meals that were delivered, and another box of five meals was just delivered. I have already decided to 'skip' a week, what would normally be delivered next week. I am not sure I can keep going forward with this. The meals I have prepared have been good (not great, mainly because I was the cook and I have challenges with following directions), but really time consuming and the clean-up is nothing to be flip about. There is also the issue that the deliveries are meals for two, and I am only one, which means I have leftovers. I like leftovers, but it is just too much. The idea was that, I would not have to go grocery shopping, I could save that time, blah, blah, blah. I think I can still come out ahead by just buying the ready to eat meals at HEB, which would give me an entree and a vegetable, and then I could supplement it with a salad. It will also give me more opportunities for Ding Dongs and Twinkies, too. The bottom line is, I think I am still just a work in progress! I took off from the office and headed for the farm this afternoon, all is status quo there, I didn't see Barney, but I see evidence of his existence several times a day on the videos. The chickens were good, one of them would not get out of her nesting box, but the other eight were happy for the meal worms and the fresh flock block. It is not every day that you get to see some chicken butt...

No comments:

Post a Comment