Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 69/296, 2021 - Wednesday

There was a segment on the national news tonight, about what is the last picture on your phone before we all had to start social distancing a year ago. More importantly (to me), it was what was the last picture you took that included other people, before we had to start social distancing. I looked back, and a year ago tomorrow, March 11, 2020, it appears that I was presenting a class at the south office of our board of REALTORS®. After that, it was pretty much downhill, socially speaking, of course. It has been a long year, and so far, so good for me. I contend that I am a lucky man, and that fact sort of supports that supposition! Whatever. OMG! I went out to the farm after leaving Austin this morning, and as I was leaving to go to the Lazy House, I looked over and saw one of the cattle loose in the grass field between the pasture and the house. That is what I thought I saw, anyway. SO, I turned around, went back inside the house, grabbed my binoculars, and confirmed that there was indeed a bull loose. So, I called my good neighbor (the one we like), and he came over to help me run herd to get that boy back where he was supposed to be. While I was waiting on him, I checked on the bull every now and then, and he seemed to be inching his way closer and closer to the house (and my biggest fear, closer to the pool), but he was in no hurry, just taking his time grazing. When the neighbor got there, he said 'where is the loose cow?, and I pointed over and said 'it looks like two of them are loose now.' He said, those cattle are on the other side of the fence, and I...whatever...there was not a loose bull, I swear there was a loose bull, but, nope. They were all where they were supposed to be. I got all worked up over nothing. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment