Sunday, March 21, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 80/285, 2021 - Sunday

Let's just get the disappointments out of the way and it will all be uphill from there. I reserved a truck (16 footer, but it was all they had available) last Wednesday, to pick up on Sunday and use it for five or six hours. I made arrangements for some help, and the plan was to get ALL the furniture out of the house at the farm, bring two or three things to the Lazy House, and take the rest to Goodwill. The reservation was through Penske, to be picked up at Home Depot. When I made the reservation, all the information they took was my name and my cell phone number. The truck was there as promised, and they asked for my driver's license. I am allegedly on some sort of terrorist 'don't rent him a truck' watch list. They said there was a note on the reservation (I doubt it) that they needed a managers approval before they could rent me the truck, and they could not get anyone to answer the phone. Fuggedaboutit. So, I had this all worked out, but it didn't happen. On a more positive side, I had brunch this morning with Candy and Terry, I went to the farm alone and filled up two more trash cans and put them out on the road. I cleaned the chicken coop, fed the cat, brought several more things from the farm to the Lazy House. I was back at the Lazy House by 3 o'clock, and got a few more things done here, did a little bit of real estate, had a couple pimento cheese flips (two different containers of pimento cheese, WAY past their best by date), and settled in for the night. Three loads of laundry done. On one of my last trips to NYC, I went with some friends to see Kinky Boots. One of the things I brought to the Lazy House today, was the sippy cup from the show. You could get a glass of wine in a sippy cup and enjoy the production even more! I am thinking of going to sip some wine in just a few minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment