Monday, August 2, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 214/151, 2021 - Monday

I had totally forgotten about hotel food. I am certainly not any sort of gourmand, and I make it very clear that I am not particularly adventurous when it comes to gastronomic pleasures. I think Burger King is a little bit better than MacDonald's, and that is just about as far as my criticisms go. So...the only real complaint I have about the food at this particular hotel is that it was served cold. Maybe that is too harsh. The food was served tepid. Room temperature. It has been grey and cloudy (tepid?) all day today, and we actually got a pretty good rain throughout the day, and there is more rain predicted for the overnight. Sitting here at my desk, I thought I heard the Piglet growling, and it was actually rumblings of thunder. The morning temperature is expected to be in the lower 70s, and that is kind of unheard of here in central Texas in August. I am pretty sure we are still in for some major hot weather, but so far this year, it has been very moderate. I left very early this morning just to make sure I was in town before my meeting started, and I think it will be an early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment