Saturday, August 21, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 233/132, 2021 - Saturday

What a lovely, calm day.Unfortunately, the decision was made to cancel our trip to Morocco, which we had planned for December of this year. Michael and Lynda and I had started a discussion a few days ago about the odds of going with the situation in the world in general. Lynda beat me to checking the State Department web-site, and found that they were not recommending travel to Morocco. Pretty much that was the deciding factor, and I had a nagging suspicion in the back of my head for the last month or so, ever since WE began spiraling out of control with new Covid cases, and we are supposed to know what we are doing. SO...that trip is off, time to plan another trip, probably in the spring. This morning, I ran a couple errands, but only got one item checked off my to-do list. I decided to take a drive, so I went to Burnet with no purpose at all in mind, then I turned around and came home. It was then time for my second (third?) nap of the day, which I took full advantage of. THEN, it was time for Saturday night wine, and tonight Dan and Nancy were the hosts. Seven of us, and we always have a good time together! Tomorrow is brunch, it looks like it will be me and Sharon on our own, and then maybe a drive in to Austin and maybe a movie. Whatever, it will be fun! The penultimate mural post, and this one is another view of the underpass on North Lamar, just around the AmTrak station. Always something to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment