Monday, August 16, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 228/137, 2021 - Monday

I think I will do a theme week this week in my journal. The theme will have nothing at all to do with Covid-19 or Afghanistan. I am going to put my head in the sand and pretend (for the next six days) that both of those topics have been solved and there has been a satisfactory solution to both of them. This week the topic is going to be murals that I see between the Curious House and my office, approximately a distance of 35 miles. The mural today was seen on the southbound side of North Lamar Boulevard, just as I passed under the Amtrak tracks. Interesting to say the least, and there are other murals in close approximation to this one. Austin has always been an interesting place, and, having lived in this area longer than I have lived anywhere in my life, I do not always take time to stop and look around. So...get ready, there will be six more days of murals. I met with a new client this morning, and the property is a UT condo, and that is a totally foreign place to me. Honest to (insert the name of the Deity of your choice here), it was like going back in time and participating in a scene out of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, but I was the Ray Walston character and the tenant vacating the property was Sean Penn. The exiting tenant kept saying 'man' when he talked to me, so I played along and said 'dude' as many times as I could logically fit it into the conversations. Okay, to be honest, it was fun, and everything worked out just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment