Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 222/143, 2021 - Tuesday

Last night, the Piglet was mesmerized with something on the television. I was not a fleeting mesmerization, it was a prolonged one. I don't remember what I was watching, but she stayed tuned in through the program and a couple sets of commercials. She generally only pays real attention to the television when there is a dog or some kind of commercial featuring dogs being broadcast, but last night, she was all about the television. I hope it was not an installment of Forensic Files, and that she is subconsciously plotting my untimely demise. Stay tuned! I finished my most recent book this afternoon, The Dictionary of Lost Words, and although I felt a few times this morning that I was fixin' to cry, I got through it with no tears. Actually a good tome, based on facts, that covered a period from the last two decades of the 19th century and the first three decades of the 20th century. I recommend it, and even if you might be a bit offended by some of the words, I doubt that the possible offenders have been heard by you before. I had a REALLY GOOD zoom meeting this afternoon, and then was a bit disappointed to find that the fence work that was supposed to have been done today, was not. Not even a phone call, nothing. I will wait until tomorrow to check-in and see if I am even still on the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment