Friday, August 6, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 218/147, 2021 - Friday

What a nice day this way! I had my weekly early morning zoom meeting with the TREPAC Leadership Team, and it was a good meeting of accomplishments for the past week. This Leadership Team is one of the hardest working group of TR staff and volunteers that one person could ever work with, and there is nothing they would not do to get the job done, while having fun at the same time. I am one really lucky man. After some power real estate and a quick trip to an estate sale, I headed home to the Curious House this afternoon, and got in a quick nap. I had been invited to dinner with my friends Nancy and Dan (three houses down) and that was really nice. I took a couple bottles of wine with me, and I am not sure if I was the only one drinking the red wine, but if I was, the bottle is now empty! Dinner was delicious, and the salad that Nancy made was really great. It was an interesting combination of cole slaw, tomatoes and avocado. I think I will try that in the future, it was freaking delicious. We sat out on their patio before and after dinner, and it was really lovely. Not too hot, and the comforting sound of the bug zapper frying the little winged demons. It is a great neighborhood that I have been lucky enough to move to, and I could not be more pleased with the decision I made. Nancy showed me the craft ice that her new refrigerator refrigerator makes, and I walked away with her hand-me-down craft ice makers that she used before she got the new refrigerator. I think the round craft ice is really fun! I wish I still drank scotch on the rocks, or something that would be more appreciative of the craft ice than the diet sodas I consume regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment