Sunday, August 4, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 217/149, 2024 - Sunday

It was a busy day of getting things done around the house that were needing to be done. There was a nice walk this morning with Paul, and then I watched some of Sunday Morning, but I kept getting distracted with little bursts of energy to do this and that. I watered a few plants here and there, and then, my real goal, was to get hangers on three or four pieces of art, and to get them hung. I got the wiring done, and then headed out to get the red car washed. Getting that done, I went back to an estate sale that I visited yesterday. I was a little bit disappointed that a painting I saw yesterday was gone, but that is what happens. Today was half-price day, and I ended up leaving with a few treasures, one of which I had my eyes on yesterday. I was surprised that it was still there, and now it is mine. You will just have to come for a visit to the Curious House if you want to know what it is, and hopefully, I will be able to remember. Linda sent me some meat loaf via Jimmie this afternoon, and I had a meat loaf flip, and the rest of it for dinner tonight. All the art work is hung, including a few pieces that I got before I went on vacation. All is good. It was cloudy most of the day, which kept the temperatures down. There was a good rain storm in Austin this afternoon, but not a drop here at the Curious House. UGH. The coming week looks pretty good, ROMEO breakfast on Tuesday, and lunch with Holly and Eileen. Life is good, and it only gets better with friends! This is a photo of the things I had put on the down spouts to keep the voles from running up to the gutters and making the Piglet a crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment