Friday, August 16, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 229/137, 2024 - Friday

I should not curse the weekend, but today was a very calm and quiet day. Having said that, I expect the phone to start ringing any minute. It was only 101 today, 102 forecast for tomorrow, and that is kind of the norm these days. I am very happy that air conditioning was invented in 1902. Paul and I had a nice walk this morning, and then it was in to Austin for me. The quiet continued, and I got home way earlier than usual, and went down for a very nice nap. I did get the flag and flagpole I ordered a couple weeks ago, but I now need to rethink where I am going to hang it. I fear that, if I put it where I intended, it will (maybe) cause the exterior camera focused on the driveway to register motion, and I will be flooded with videos of the flag. I will get this figured out over the weekend. Estate sales tomorrow will be fun, and I am looking forward to that, and then lunch with Val, Paulina and (maybe) Oliver. It was too hot to think about a photo for this entry, so I looked back on archived photos. I have photos on my phone starting in 2011, and apparently, on this day in 2013, I encountered loose livestock on my way in to Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment