Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 234/132, 2024 - Wednesday

Okay, we made it through another hump day. Have I mentioned that it is hot here in central Texas? On my way home from Austin today, my car registered 109 degrees. My watch said it was 104 degrees. The little weather station in the Curious House said it was 111 degrees. There is not a lot of difference in those three numbers, but it is definitely hot. It is supposed to cool down starting tomorrow, but the weather prognosticators have been known to lie to me before, so we shall see. It was a relatively quiet day in the office, but it was still busy. I had two zoom calls, one at 10 and one at 11:30. During the calls, I was multi-tasking, and I got a good bit of stuff done. I had one stop to make on the way home, and, honestly, I cannot go outside with the girls and be outside more than three or four minutes before I begin to glisten. Tonight was our neighbors dinner, and there were 8 of us. We met at Jimmy Vega's Smokehouse in Georgetown, and we all had a good time and a good dinner. I think I am a very lucky man to live in this neighborhood, with all these good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment