Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 219/147, 2024 - Tuesday

YAY! It's Total Stranger Tuesday! I missed a couple Tuesdays while I was on vacation, and I was not really feeling in the mood this morning, but I found a couple victims, and everything was better. It was kind of like a two-fer! I love talking to strangers, just ask Michael! After Paul and I walked this morning, it was on to our regular ROMEO breakfast. We weren't there long before we gave Dick a call in Buffalo Grove. He was having a ROMEO breakfast outside of Chicago, and it was great to talk with him, even if it was only for a few minutes. But I digress. The two total strangers shown in this journal post probably don't qualify as perfect strangers any more, since I even know their names now. No, I am not going to say their names here. But, they were really nice, and I kept bothering them, and the more I bothered them, the nicer they got. They area mother and her son, and today is the son's birthday. 19 and a Leo. I only know that because my grandmother was a Leo. Her real name was Martha Jane, but we called her Leo. No, we didn't. Anyway, it was fun, and while I was bothering them for the final time, I saw my friend Gary having breakfast with some of his friends. So, we hugged and I had to head off to work. I was in the office for a while, and then I headed to a lunch meeting (haha) I had with Holly and Eileen. We had a blast gabbing about all the stuff we had not gabbed about since the last time we saw each other. Then back to the office, and then I was off to Cedar Park to put a lock box on a house. I got home about 4 o'clock, tried to go down for a nap, but did not have any success. All is good right now, and it is time (almost) for Finding Your Roots. It is going to be a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment