Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 241/125, 2024 - Wednesday

Okay, I'm home, and I'm happy to be here. The Board of Directors meeting ended early, and I left Grapevine about 11:30. I stopped at a McDonald's somewhere, and had a fish filet and a medium fries. $8. I got to Paulina's about 3 o'clock, and I think the girls were happy to see me. It's kind of hard to tell, but once we got home, they got back into their normal routines. I am back in my normal (questionable?) routines, too, and that makes me happy. The girls got fed, I took a ten minute nap, and Jimmie and Linda and I went for ice cream. It rained a little bit on us, but the rain is welcome. I finished my book club book on the drive home, and I cried a good bit of the way while listening to the book. It was a great book, and it was a very emotional read (listen). The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I read another of her books earlier this year, The Women, and I liked that one a lot, too. Intense, if you like intense reads. Or listens. The picture accompanying this journal entry came up on my memories today, and I always liked this spot. I would pass these mailboxes every now and then, when we were living at the farm, and I always paid attention to them. I just liked the look. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment