Friday, August 30, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 243/123, 2024 - Friday

I went in to the office earlier than usual, and that worked out well. On the way home yesterday, I had stopped by a property and took the lockbox off in anticipation of a new tenant moving in there today. The key I had in my pocket was the key the tenant needed, until the property is rekeyed next week. All turned out well, and I am glad I left the Curious House earlier than usual . All was good in the office this last business day of August, and it is interesting that we are almost into September. The days are going by. I left the office about 2 o'clock this afternoon, and planned to go to HEB and pick up a few things I did not get yesterday. On the way, Linda called and asked me to do she and Jimmie a favor, which I was happy to do. I got the favor done and then headed to HEB, and then this happened, although I did not know it until I got home. I have never, NEVER EVER in my life (and I am pretty old) bought chocolate ice cream. I have never ordered a scoop pf chocolate ice cream. I have eaten chocolate ice cream in the past, because when I was a kid, ice cream came in three flavors in one container; vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. It was called Neapolitan. Prepare to be informed...it is/was called Neapolitan because it is presumed to have originated in Maples, Italy. The first Neapolitan style ice cream was a trio of pistachio, cherry and chocolate. Whatever. Now I have this ice cream that I will suffer through, but it would also NOT surprise me if, at this late stage in my life, I find that I like it. Stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment