Thursday, August 22, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 235/131, 2024 - Thursday

Well, it was 109 degrees yesterday, and a cool front came through today, and it was only 107 degrees. The last two overnight temperatures were record breaking high low temperatures. If you're an Aggie, that means the low overnight temperatures were higher than they had ever been. If you still don't get it, ask Mrs. Google. G-o-o-g-l-e. It was a warm walk this morning, and we were joined by James, and it was nice seeing him. I am not sure why, but I did not get in to the office until about 9:45 this morning. There was nothing I can think of that slowed me down, and I was surprised it was so late when I got there. There was not a whole lot to do in the office, but I stayed busy while I was there. It was a platelet day, so I headed off for that about 12:15. Yesterday was Kay's birthday, and there was a birthday lunch for her, but I missed it because of the platelet gig. The machine only wanted a single platelet draw from me, usually I donate a double. But, there is no arguing with a machine that sucks blood out of you, so I was only immobilized for about 2 hours instead of the usual three. I always have a good time when I am donating, and I really like the staff there. I wonder if I would recognize them if I ever saw them outside the blood bank. Maybe, maybe not. I had one errand to get done on my way home, and that was no real trouble. There does seem to be a rash of stupid drivers on the road recently, and it's not a wimmin, either. Just a bunch of crazies! Tomorrow is the weekend eve, and there is one more week before we have a three day weekend! I'm ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment