Friday, August 9, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 222/144, 2024 - Friday

So, Friday is my favorite day of the week, it is the start of the weekend, and usually the weekend means I will have nothing to do, but stuff I want to do. I really (REALLY) wanted to hit an estate sale before I went in to the office this morning, but the way things worked out, I wasn't able to. There was one item at one of the sales that I really wanted, but maybe it will still be there tomorrow. I doubt it, actually. If it is still there, and I get it, I will let you know what it is/was. It is something that I had many, MANY years ago in Memphis, so time will tell if I procure this one or not. I made it in to the office and got things done that needed to be done, and then I headed off to the blood bank to give another round of platelets. Every time I go, I learn new things, and make new friends. I cannot relay to you how much I enjoy have a sharp needle stuck in a vein and left there for about three hours. Interestingly, I never even know if they are taking or giving, and the staff is kind of surprised about that as well. Whatever. Val and Paulina picked me up this afternoon, and we went in to Georgetown for dinner. Pizza and salad. Apparently I am a poor communicator, because I did not eat all my salad, and asked for a carry out. That request was interpreted to I did not want the salad, and it was discarded. I need to work on that. Tomorrow will be four estate sales, and who knows what else. I need to pull some weeds, which I will do, but so far I have nothing else on my chore list for the weekend. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment