Saturday, August 24, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 237/129, 2024 - Saturday

I can finally remember where I went today. For weeks, I knew I was attending a conference beginning today, but whenever someone asked me where I was going, I could not remember the name of the city. I finally got it down today: Grapevine. Why would there be a city in Texas named Grapevine? I have no idea, but at least I can remember it now. Paul and I did a nice walk this morning, I started packing and checking off things on my list of chores before I left. Pam, Diane, Marian and I hit four underwhelming estate sales, but at least I did not get thrown out of any of them. After the estate sales, I finished up house chores and took the girls to stay with Paulina, Val and Oliver. Oliver said he took his SAT test today, and he and everyone he knows ran out of time with four math questions left. I am pretty sure I took the SAT about 55 years ago, but I remember nothing about it. I left Paulina's and drove to Grapevine. I made one stop along the way, because I thought the gas gauge on the little white car was not working. I stopped at Buccee's, filled the car up (five gallons) so I guess the little white car gets much better mileage than I thought it would. I got to the hotel, checked in, and I have not left the room since. My friend Nancy came by and we sat and talked and gossipped for a couple hours. Now, time to call it a done day. Just to be clear, I always get the best rooms with the best views when I check in to a hotel. The photo accompanying this entry is typical of the views I get from a hotel window.

No comments:

Post a Comment